Month’s Theme – 🏕️Environment🌱
|🎵 The action song||🎵 Spring is here|
|🎵 Earth day song||🎵 Mr sun Mr sun|
|🎵 The animal song||🎵The continent’s song|
|🎵Count by 2s song|
📆 Important Dates to Remember
|22-12-2022 – 02-01-2023||Thursday to Monday||Christmas Holidays||Holidays|
💡 Learnings for December
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Identify and write numbers up to 40|
– Recap of the count of two’s
– Reciting numerals from 1 to 80
– Introduction to the concepts – Above and below, inside and outside
– Concept of before, after, and middle numbers
– Introduction to ordinal numbers up to 10
– Introduction to 3D shape- cone, cylinder, and Sphere
– Addition of numbers from 1-5
|Literacy||– Introduction to digraphs ‘ee’ ‘or ‘and ‘ng’ words|
– Recap of letter sounds
– Recap of digraph
– Introduction to blending (‘et’ ‘, it’ ‘ig’ family word)
– Recap of ‘at’, ‘in’ ’ap’ and ‘an’ ‘am ‘og’ ‘ed’ ‘en’ family word
– Narrating simple stories
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||– Introduction to the concept- Environment|
– To learn about the environment
– To learn about environmental pollution
– To learn about prevention and precautionary steps to avoid environmental pollution
– To learn about the awareness of environmental changes and natural calamities
|Sensorial||– Ordinal numbers flashcards|
– Addition stripboard
– Number rods
– Number cards
– Static bead material
– Montessori alphabets and digraph flashcards
– Geometrical shapes
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationary available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
🌿To know about our environment and the causes of pollution.
🏞️Parents can take children to the park and explain about our environment.
♻Help children to recycle -create and label recycling bins with your child at home so that the process is easier for everyone.
🚮Telling children to pick up trash and put it in the dustbins.
🎵Letter sounds identification can be done through books and jolly phonic songs are easily available on Youtube. Activities such as circling the letter sound in newspapers or magazines at home.
🔠Relate the words with the sounds through objects and simple reading puzzles.
🎲Play number games with children.
🔢Write down numbers and make the child draw that quantity.
🔢Teach the order of numbers with connect the dots.
🧸Encourage children to place the toys back in their respective boxes/racks after playtime.
No comments yet.
Leave a Comment