Month’s Theme – 👨⚕️Community Helpers👮
|🎵 Action song||🎵 Earth song|
|🎵 Planets song||🎵 Moon song|
|🎵 Bear went over the mountain||🎵 Months of the year|
📆 Important Dates to Remember
💡 Learnings for February
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Recap of numbers from 1 to 100|
– Sorting objects
– Count and write
– Recap of what number comes after, before, and in between
– Introduction to subtraction 1 -5
– Addition of numbers from 1-10
|Literacy||– Recap of short vowels a,e,I,o,u|
– Introduction to digraph ‘oi’ ‘ue’ ‘er’ and ‘ar’
– Recap of digraph
– Introduction to blending (‘ix’ ‘ad’ ‘um’ ‘ox’ family word)
– Identify the sounds in simple sentences
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||– Introduction to the concept- Community helpers|
– To learn about what makes the community
– Recognition of people around them and their roles
– To excite interest in a variety of professions.
|Sensorial||– 3D shapes|
– Brown stairs
– Montessori alphabets and digraph flashcards
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationery available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
🤝Parents can teach children about helpfulness is an important part of good social development.
🧸Parents can tell children from putting toys back on the shelf and keeping the surroundings clean.
🎵Letter sound identification can be done through books and jolly phonic songs are easily available on Youtube. Activities such as circling the letter sound in newspapers or magazines at home.
🔢Count and write the number – spill beans on a tray and ask the child to count it.
🧮Practice number formation with playdough using mats.
🔡 Alphabet scavenger hunt game.
No comments yet.
Leave a Comment