Month’s Theme– 🔊Sound And Light🔦
|🎵 Mr. Sun Song|
|🎵 I see the Light|
|🎵 The sound song|
📆 Events and Holidays
|25.02.2023||Saturday||2nd Term PTM – Assessment|
💡 Learnings for February
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Introduction-Making numbers up to 1000 using Montessori material.|
– Recap of the place value (ones, tens, hundreds).
– Concept- Recap of Number names up to 20
– Recap of Addition and Subtraction concept.
– Concept- Skip counting by 2’s,5’s and 10’s
– Introduction to the concept of “Time”
– Shapes- Octogon, Nanogon, and Decagon
|Literacy||– Three /Four letter words.|
– Introduction to A-apple, B-Ball…..
– Knowing Genders
– Knowing Rhyming words
– Reading Activity
– Comprehension reading
– Narrating simple stories.
– Writing simple sentences.
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||– To identify different sounds in the locality.|
– To identify different sources and mediums of sound.
– To understand the difference between Noise and Sound.
– To know the good and bad effects of sound.
– To identify the objects that produce sound ( Musical instruments)
|Sensorial||– Brown stairs|
– Number rods
– Static bead material
– Constructive Triangles
– Geometrical Cabinet
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationery available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
👥Shadow Walk -Take the child to a park for a walk and ask him/her to observe the shadow.
🎹Help the child identify the musical instruments or use different things available (spoon, plate, table) to play music/ produce sound with them and ask the child to listen to the different sounds produced by the instruments.
🙇♂️Kindly record the child’s reading a short paragraph and blending the words.
📸Kindly give the objects available at home and help the child practice addition and subtraction concepts click a few pictures and share them with us.
📦Relate the words with the sounds through object identification.
🔠Kindly help the child blend three- and four-letter words.