Month’s Theme – 🔊Sound and Light🔦
|🎵 Mr. Golden sun||🎵 Light song|
|🎵 Boogie Woogie||🎵Sound song|
|🎵 Slippery fish|
📆 Important Dates to Remember
💡 Learnings for February
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Recap of addition and subtraction.|
– Introduction to place value (ones , tens, hundreds )
– Recap of Number names 1 to 10.
– Time-use everyday language related to time, order, and sequence of familiar events.
– Recap Concept count in 2s,5s,10s, and 100s.
– Recognize numbers 1 to 800.
– Use language such as big and small, and tall and short to compare quantities.
– Use familiar shapes and common shapes to create and recreate patterns and build models.
– Introduction to MONEY.
|Literacy||– Introduction to 6th set of Tricky Words.|
– Blending 4 letter sounds/words, Hear the word after the sounds have been spoken.
– Writing three-letter words & Dictation
– Reading simple sentences
– Recap of opposites, Rhyming words, and 3-letter blends.
– Framing simple sentences.
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||SOUND AND LIGHT|
– To identify different sounds in the locality.
– To identify different sources and mediums of sound.
– To understand the difference between noise and sound.
– To know the good and bad effects of sound(MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS)
– TO know how light is produced?
– Understand the phenomenon of a RAINBOW.
– Understanding how a shadow is caused?
|Sensorial||– Addition stripboard.|
– Static bead & Card material.
– Subtraction stripboard.
– Movable alphabets
– Sound boxes.
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationery available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
📚Encourage your child to read simple story books.
🎶Letter sound identification can be done through books and jolly phonic songs are easily available on Youtube. Activities such as circling tricky words in newspapers or magazines at home.
🧮Subtraction with simple objects at home.
⏱️The concept of TIME can be encouraged to draw a clock and mark the given time.
🔢Numbers and number names can be revised through counting everyday objects, tracing numbers on wet sand, salt, or rava, puzzles, and number cards if available at home.
📜Kindly help the child to read simple sentences.
🧸Encourage children to place the toys back in their respective boxes/racks after playtime.
No comments yet.
Leave a Comment