Month’s Theme – 🪐Space🌌
|🎵 Planet song||🎵 A ram-sam-sam|
|🎵 I wanna be an Astronaut||🎵Days of the week|
|🎵 We are going on a rocketship||🎵 Saare Jahan se achcha|
📆 Important Dates to Remember
💡 Learnings for January
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Recap of subtraction.|
– Recap of addition
– Introduction to place value (ones , tens, hundreds )
– Match sets of numbers of objects to numerals that represent them.
– Number names 1 to 10.
– Concept count in 2s and 5s.
– Subtract with pictures numbers up to 5
– Introduction to time.
|Literacy||– Introduction to 5th and 6th set of Tricky Words.|
– Blending 4 letter sounds/words, Hear the word after the sounds have been spoken.
– Writing three-letter words & Dictation
– Reading simple sentences
– Framing simple sentences
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||Space|
– To know about the universe.
– To understand the galaxy and the milky way.
– To know about the solar system and identify the planets.
– To know about the sun, moon, stars, and other celestial bodies.
|Sensorial||– Addition stripboard.|
– Static bead & Card material.
– Subtraction stripboard.
– Movable Alphabets.
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationery available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
📚Encourage your child to read simple story books.
🎶Letter sound identification can be done through books and jolly phonic songs are easily available on Youtube. Activities such as circle the tricky words in newspaper or magazines at home.
🧮Subtraction with simple objects at home.
🎰Numbers can be revised through counting everyday objects, tracing numbers on wet sand, salt, or rava, puzzles, and number cards if available at home.
🔤Kindly help the child read simple sentences.
🧸Encourage children to place the toys back in their respective boxes/racks after playtime.