Month’s Theme – 👮Community Helpers👫
|🎵 Here we go around the mulberry bush||🎵Months in a year song|
|🎵 Two little dicky birds||🎵I am a gummy bear|
|🎵 Counts by 10 song||🎵Days of the week|
📆 Important Dates to Remember
|26th January 2023||Thursday||Republic day||Holiday|
💡 Learnings for January
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Counts of 10’s up to 90|
– Number book
– Introduction to double-digit numbers 10, 11,12
– Say numbers upto 15
– Compares two groups of objects, ( groups of objects up to 5)
– Able to name the days of the week and which comes next
– Able to name the months in a year
– Able to identify the basic shapes and colors
|Literacy||– Identifying and Recognition of letter sounds: Qq using multisensorial activities.|
– Identify the beginning letter sound in the word
– Pattern book
– Recognize both upper and lower case letters.
– Matching the letter sounds with the object.
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||– Recognition of Community helpers|
– Recognition of people around them and their roles.
– Stories around community helpers and describe the jobs of the characters in the story.
– Name the different places and people (different traditions and cultures)
– Shows interest in the lives of people who are familiar according to the places(state)
|Sensorial||– Number rods|
– Ten’s board
– Spindle box
– Seguin board
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationery available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Child-friendly scissors
- Non-toxic glue bottle
- Craft paper
- Sketch pens
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
👫Parents can talk to their children about the community helpers, (doctors, police, teacher, chef, etc)
🖍️Drawing, Colouring, and Puzzling Games. Kindly help the child use thick crayons.
📚Spend more time reading books, and encourage your child to talk about how and what they are learning.
🎤Parents can help with activities like talking, singing, reading, storytelling, drawing, and writing help to develop their child’s literacy.
🎵Letter sound identification through books can be done and jolly phonic songs are easily available on YouTube. Activities such as circling the letter sound in newspapers or magazines at home. (Sounds of I, p, n)
🔢Numbers up to 90 can be revised through number books, puzzles, and number cards if available at home. Make quantities with simple objects and ask the child to count.
No comments yet.
Leave a Comment