Month’s Theme – 🎵Sound and Hearing🎧
|🎵 Sound song|
|🎵 Community Helper Song|
|🎵 Earth song|
|🎵 Out in the garden one fine day|
📆 Important Dates to Remember
|04.03.2023||Saturday||Parents teachers meeting|
|08.03.2023||Wednesday||Holi Festival Holiday|
|18.03.2023||Saturday||Barnyard social celebration|
|31.03.2023||Friday||Last Working Day|
💡 Learnings for March
|Areas of Learning||Concepts|
|Numeracy||– Recap of numbers from 1 to 100|
– Recap of quantity making
– Match sets of numbers of objects to numerals
– Recap of counts of tens
– Subtraction OF numbers from 1 -10
– Addition of numbers from 1-10
|Literacy||– Recap of all digraphs|
– Recap of blending
– Recognizing all letter sounds
– Introduction to blending (‘ag and ‘id’ family words
– Identify the sounds in simple sentences
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World||– Introduction to the concept- Sound and hearing|
– To identify different sounds in the locality
– To identify different sources and mediums of sound
– To understand the difference between noise and sound
– To identify the objects that produce sound
– To know the good and bad effects of sound
|Sensorial||– Addition stripboard|
– Sound box
– Static beads
– Montessori alphabets and digraph flashcards
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationery available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
🏞️Parents can take your child for nature walks or inside the house by tapping different containers and surfaces and exploring different kinds of sounds.
🔠Parents can teach children by writing letter sounds on paper and asking them to blend.
░Connect the dots – A simple activity that reinforces the order of numbers.
🔢Create a maze of numbers to drive through and count their way to the end.
🎵Letter sound identification can be done through books and jolly phonic songs are easily available on Youtube. Activities such as circling the letter sound in newspapers or magazines at home.