Foundation I : Finding the balance between independence & conformity
Lead Teacher : Arifa Sultana
For children of 4-5 years who are in the Foundation I level at Little Red Hen, an interest in joint play such as make-believe, construction and games helps them to learn the important social skills of sharing and cooperating.
They also learn more about helping adults in everyday activities and finding a balance between independence and complying with the wishes of others. Close, warm relationships with carers form the basis for much learning, such as encouraging children to make healthy choices in food and exercise. Literacy and numeracy can develop rapidly with the support of a wide range of interesting materials and activities.
- Circle time / Music and movement Rhymes / Show and tell / Vocabulary enrichment through reading and story time, rhythm and balance
- Literacy : Listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Numeracy : Number work, mathematical ideas and reasoning and problem solving
- Snack time : Time to share with friends
- World around us : Investigate and think about the world