Toddler Education : Exploring the delightful world of creativity
Children’s fine motor skills continue to develop in this age group, and they enjoy making marks, using a variety of materials, looking at picture books and listening to stories, important steps in literacy.
Self-help and independence soon emerge if adults support and encourage children in areas such as eating, dressing and toileting. Praise for new achievements helps to build their self-esteem. In this phase, children’s language is developing rapidly and many are beginning to put sentences together. The Toddler Education learning program at Little Red Hen Preschool & Early Years has been put together keeping all of these critical developmental aspects in mind for our children.
- Circle time/puppetry/make believe
- Rhymes/Show and tell/Vocabulary enrichment through reading and story time, learning about the world around us
- Outdoor play/Music and movement/sand play
- Having a whole lot of fun while exercising our hands and legs
- Snack time
- Time to share with friends
- Developmental activities
- Pre math concepts and sensorial activities
- Creative development
- Getting sticky with paints, clay and other fun stuff