For 3-4 year olds
Toddler Education : Exploring the delightful world of creativity
At the Toddler Education level, children’s fine motor skills are continuing to develop, and they start enjoying making scribbles, using a variety of materials, looking at picture books and listening to stories, important steps in literacy.
Self-help and independence soon emerge if adults support and encourage children in areas such as eating, dressing and toileting. Praise for new achievements helps to build their self-esteem. In this phase, children’s language is developing rapidly and many are beginning to put sentences together. The Toddler Education learning program at Little Red Hen Preschool & Early Years has been put together keeping all of these critical developmental aspects in mind for our children.
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Toddler Education at Little Red Hen
In this phase, joining in conversations with children is an important way for children. In this way they learn new things and begin to think about past, present and future.
The young mind is like a sponge. It has the potential to absorb a great deal of information, making it important for children to have guidance while learning. There are many aspects related to toddler education, here we have listed out some benefits:
- Socialization: Humans are very social beings and the main concept of socialisation takes root in early childhood. In a safe environment away from family, children meet other people of their age, sowing the seeds of ‘socialization’ and ‘friendship’ in young minds. This helps to develop self-confidence in your children by eliminating their shy nature.
- Cooperation: During this phase, children learn to share, cooperate, take turns and so on. These are all part of a secure social life. This is especially beneficial for an only child, who is not familiar with having to share things. In the safe environment provided, the child will learn to cooperate with guidance from professionals.
- Holistic Development: As a human being, it is important to have a strong foundation in every aspect of the personality such as emotional, social, mental and physical. Teachers who handle young children are well trained to identify the weaker aspects of a child and to encourage them to improve through practical sessions. Interaction amongst peers is extremely important in this context.
- Enthusiasm for Lifelong Learning: Children will develop a hunger for learning if they are taught through fun and exciting activities. This eagerness and enthusiasm for learning will remain with them their entire lives!
- Value of Education: The new environment provided in preschool gives children an entirely different perspective on the requirement of education. Grasping knowledge and applying them to their lives demonstrates the value of education.
- Circle time/puppetry/make believe
- Rhymes/Show and tell/Vocabulary enrichment through reading and story time, learning about the world around us
- Outdoor play/Music and movement/sand play
- Having a whole lot of fun while exercising our hands and legs
- Snack time
- Time to share with friends
- Developmental activities
- Pre math concepts and sensorial activities
- Creative development
- Getting sticky with paints, clay and other fun stuff
The Class Children to Teacher ratio at Little Red Hen Preschool & Early Years is never above 15:1. According to research conducted by USA’s National Bureau of Economic Research, small class size and low student teacher ratios were one of the most vital elements in early childhood education settings to future academic achievements.
Our Learning Curriculum
We have learnt that there is no absolute education approach that will work as the perfect preschool learning curriculum for all children in the early years.
We have integrated the education approaches of Montessori Education + The Play Way Methodology while following the framework of Early Years Foundation Stage ( EYFS) guidelines.
Learning and development at Little Red Hen Preschools cover 7 key areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THESE TOO
Toddler Play (2-3 Years)
Foundation I (4-5 years)
Foundation II (5-6 years)
Daycare Facility at Little Red Hen
[From 1.00 pm – 6.30 pm on Weekdays only]
At Little Red Hen, we understand that leaving children at home while being away at work can be quite stressful. Our exclusive after-school daycare facility at Thanisandra and Kothanur is aimed to ensure that the children can be in the best of care, comfort and learning, post their school time, amongst their peers, in a secure, safe and loving environment.
Preschool Meals at Little Red Hen
We believe that proper nutrition for children is critical as it sets the stage towards living a healthy and balanced life.
As part of our Preschool Meals Program, Little Red Hen offers wholesome & nutritious Morning Snacks, Lunch and Evening Snacks at our Kothanur & Thanisandra campuses.