For 2-3 year olds.
Toddler Play : An Exciting Time for Parents & Toddlers
Because of children’s growing desire to be independent, the Toddler Play stage is often called the “terrible twos.” However, this can be an exciting time for parents and toddlers. Toddlers will experience huge thinking, learning, social, and emotional changes that will help them to explore their new world, and make sense of it.
During this stage, toddlers should be able to follow two- or three-step directions, sort objects by shape and color, imitate the actions of adults and playmates, and express a wide range of emotions. This is a time when children can start to learn the beginnings of self-control and how to relate to other people. In this period children can be encouraged to develop their social and mental skills by people to whom they have a positive attachment.
2 – 3 years
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Toddler Play at Little Red Hen
Communication and language development involves giving children opportunities to experience a rich language environment; to develop their confidence and skills in expressing themselves; and to speak and listen in a range of situations.
- Physical development involves providing opportunities for young children to be active and interactive; and to develop their co-ordination, control, and movement. Children must also be helped to understand the importance of physical activity, and to make healthy choices in relation to what they eat
- Personal, social and emotional development involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves, and others; to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings; to understand appropriate behaviour in groups; and to have confidence in their own abilities
- Literacy development involves encouraging children to link sounds and letters and to begin to read and write. Children must be given access to a wide range of reading materials (books, poems, and other written materials) to ignite their interest
- Mathematics involves providing children with opportunities to develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding and using numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems; and to describe shapes, spaces, and measure
- Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment
- Expressive arts and design involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design and technology.
- Activity-based : Circle time / Music and movement Rhymes / Show and tell / Vocabulary enrichment through reading and story time, rhythm and balance
- Literacy : Listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Numeracy : Number work, mathematical ideas and reasoning and problem solving
- Snack time : Time to share with friends
- World around us : Investigate and think about the world
The Class Children to Teacher ratio at Little Red Hen Preschool & Early Years is 15:1 for Toddler Play sections. According to research conducted by USA’s National Bureau of Economic Research, a small class size and low student teacher ratios were one of the most vital elements in early childhood education settings to future academic achievements.
Our Learning Curriculum
We have learnt that there is no absolute education approach that will work as the perfect preschool learning curriculum for all children in the early years.
We have integrated the education approaches of Montessori Education + The Play Way Methodology while following the framework of Early Years Foundation Stage ( EYFS) guidelines.
Learning and development at Little Red Hen Preschools cover 7 key areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THESE TOO
Toddler Education (3-4 years)
Foundation I (4-5 years)
Foundation II (5-6 years)
Daycare Facility at Little Red Hen
[From 1.00 pm – 6.30 pm on Weekdays only]
At Little Red Hen, we understand that leaving children at home while being away at work can be quite stressful. Our exclusive after-school daycare facility at Thanisandra and Kothanur is aimed to ensure that the children can be in the best of care, comfort and learning, post their school time, amongst their peers, in a secure, safe and loving environment.
Preschool Meals at Little Red Hen
We believe that proper nutrition for children is critical as it sets the stage towards living a healthy and balanced life.
As part of our Preschool Meals Program, Little Red Hen offers wholesome & nutritious Morning Snacks, Lunch and Evening Snacks at our Kothanur & Thanisandra campuses.